Disclosure; This is not a sponsored post. I did receive product samples to facilitate my review, however the opinions here are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
The longer I cloth diaper, the more I appreciate natural fibers. I love the absorbency, the performance and that they aren’t petroleum derived. When another cloth diapering blogger told me that Geffen Baby Jersey Prefolds were her favorite…I had to try them! With 4 layers of “ultra soft combed organic hemp/cotton” I have no idea how Geffen Baby Prefolds haven’t already made their way into our stash. Here’s our experience and some information about these fantastic Made in the USA prefold diapers! Have you ever wondered how they perform? Check out our before and after!
I am cloth diapering what will soon be 3 babies. We’re expecting baby boy 4, and I also cloth diaper my 20 m/o full-time and my 3 year old for nights and car-trips. We love natural fiber diapers, and I’m very excited to try our Geffen Baby prefolds. We’re trying a Jersey Prefold (green edge) Priced at $6.90 – $10.30 each, and a Fleece Prefold (Purple edge) $7.29-$10.57. Sold individually, purchasing enough for our needs would be an investment. I’m excited to have the opportunity to test out these products and share our results with you!
Geffen Baby prefolds come from a long line of natural fiber wonders. In addition to the Jersey and Fleece Prefolds diapaers seen here, they also offer Pakistani conventional prefolds in unbleached or organic (more economically priced), Hemp Jersey flats, Hemp/Fleece Fladdles (flat/swaddle) and a HUGE assortment of surged absorbers. I would need a separate paragraph to go over the absorbers, but for this article we’ll stick to prefolds.
- Shrinkage: New Jersey Small 13.5×16.5″, Prepped 11.25×15.75
- Shrinkage New Fleece Med/Large 15×18″, Prepped 14×15.75″
- Absorbency on 33lb and 37lb toddlers is excellent. The Jersey performed best at daytime up to 2 hours in soaker, but needed a booster for night. The Fleece is bulkier but great for both boys by itself for overnight and is definitely superior in absorbency.
- Sizing. The length is good for my larger boys in a soaker fold. The width of the Jersey is a bit narrow and I prefer the Med/Large for them.
- Staining. There were a few times I was sure I would have to sun these…but the stains came out in regular cloth wash!
- Fibers. The jersey kept it’s near new appearance while the fleece developed some minor soft pilling.
- Prefold Fabric: 4 layers “ultra soft combed organic hemp/cotton” that wrinkled minimally after prepping and multiple uses. Has continued to look great after multiple uses.
Bottom line is…would I recommend these. YES! I would like to replace the cotton prefolds that have been long loved and worn in our stash with the Jersey prefolds (primarily) with some Fleece for night time use. I look forward to seeing how the Jersey performs on baby boy 4 when he arrives! The fleece med/large will be too bulky for him until he grows, but the diaper will be in use by my other boys anyway and I love how absorbent it is for my 3 year old!
About the company. Geffen Baby is committed to helping create a greener planet. They manufacturer textiles they produce right in their own backyard (I’m not sure how literal that is) and created the only 60% hemp 40% organic cotton fabric in the industry. They use eco-friendly packaging and make 95% of their products in the USA, which helps reduce their carbon footprint created both during the manufacturing and transport of products from factory to customer homes. I smiled when I received an envelope containing these prefolds to my home. There was a big Made in the USA sticker right on the envelope!