Funky Fluff Flex Review
The Funky Fluff Flex all-in-two (AI2) cloth diaper cover is designed to work with Funky Fluff inserts as well as prefolds and flats! The covers fit from approximately 7 – 35 lbs and can be wiped clean or reused between changes because of it’s 100% PUL (laminated) inside! Take a look at the review samples below and see fit on a 40 lb toddler and 12 lb baby!
Funky Fluff cloth diapers have added another diaper to their lineup! In addition to the Funky Fluff Lux, Funky Fluff Newborn and the Funky Fluff AWJ they now offer the Flex! The Flex is a true AI2 cover that can be reused if cleaned or simply wiped down. It’s an unlined PUL diaper cover that offers double gussets to contain blowouts and comes in a great range of prints.
Disclosure: I received product samples to facilitate my review however the opinions here are my own. Post contains affiliate links.
Funky Fluff Flex Features include:
- It is one-size and fits from approximately 7 to 35 lbs.
- Designed to fit with Funky Fluff LUX inserts
- also works with prefolds, inserts, flats and fitted diapers of all brands.
- Its laminated interior is easy to clean and the covers dry fast!
- You could literally wipe them dry in seconds
- Crossover snaps for newborns and slim babies
- Rise snaps offer 3 levels of adjustment.
- The double gussets gently but efficiently wrap around the leg for a leak proof fit.
- The Flex is engineered to hold all the necessary inserts and still have a snug fit around the legs and waist.
- Each Flex can be reused 3 or 4 times in between washes by simply changing the insert inside
- The AI2 system is simple, economical, and flexible
- 100% PUL
- Care instructions: wash on warm and hang to dry
- I admit to tossing it in the dryer because I don’t have the energy to fish it out of the wash load.
- Great price point, sold without inserts for around $14 USD
Funky Fluff Flex vs Funky Fluff Lux
One of my favorite things about the Funky Fluff lineup is the trim groin area. As you can see in the Funky Fluff Lux below, the Flex is considerably wider in this region. On my 40 lb toddler, this doesn’t make a huge difference however it does on the 12 lb baby below. The double gussets also have the diaper feeling tighter in the elastics and I pull it a bit differently to get stretch and fit through the inner thigh.
Funky Fluff Lux in blue with red snaps and Flex in unicorn (Sparkle)
Fit on babies: See the unicorn print on a 12lb baby below and on a 40lb toddler!
Funky Fluff has made a great, economically priced, cloth diaper cover that can be used with virtually every style of insert! Having tested the other style diapers from Funky Fluff…I still prefer the trimness of the AWJ to this cover. However, the AWJ is a single-use before wash for us and this can be used multiple times. It is a great economical option for someone who wants a true AI2 and to reuse the shell more than once.
While not as trim as a thirsties duo cover, I would compare it to a buttons diapers cover but with a much wider range of fit. I would recommend this for larger babies as a great, durable cover. As you can see on the smaller baby above, the thicker PUL bunches and does not want to stay tucked up on this diaper and may be a bit bulky on an even smaller baby.
Where to buy:
(Pinterest image below)