Best Bottom Heavy Wetter Review
As a Mom to a big baby, I am thrilled with the recent releases of bigger and more absorbent cloth diapers. The Best Bottom Heavy Wetter is very exciting and I ordered a diaper to review. Take a look at the diaper’s features and fit on my model and my baby below in my Best Bottom Heavy Wetter Review.
As a Mom to 4 large boys, all born over 9lbs and over 30lbs before they walked…I am thrilled to see a recent serge in large cloth diaper releases. Some of the releases have come from Best Bottoms in the form of a larger cover and this Heavy Wetter cloth diaper. When I saw the Best Bottom Heavy Wetter AIO I had to order one and couldn’t wait for it to arrive! The diaper goes up to 40lbs and is Made in the USA.
Best Bottom Heavy Wetter Features Include:
- Fits most babies from 10-40+ pounds
- Crossover waist snap for small babies and for managing poop cloth diapers on the go
- Double gussets to help contain blowouts and leaks
- Interior is lined with TWO layers of super absorbent bamboo viscose
- One size snap-in insert
- six layers of thirsty bamboo viscose topped with a soft no-pill fleece.
- Insert snaps into the diaper with TWO snaps in the back and has
- ONE snap on the front giving an option to snap into the front of the diaper
- Hidden snaps so an extra Best Bottom insert can be added for overnights
- PUL strips on the front and back of the inside of the diaper to help prevent wicking
- Soft PUL is completely waterproof so no other diaper cover is needed
- Trim fitting depending on number of inserts inside
- 11 Waist Snaps
- 3 Rows of 3 Rise Snaps
- Made in the USA
- Prior to first use wash and dry 3-5x
- I did this with regular laundry cycles
Small, Medium and Large settings below
(Pinterest Image Below)
Best Bottom Heavy Wetter compared to standard Best Bottom Cover below
Best Bottom Heavy Wetter Review: Fit
I’m struggling with the fit on this diaper. I really want to love this diaper, but the fit is just off for us. This is the first cloth diaper I plan on returning. As you can see below, on my 33lb baby, we are near the end of the size of this shell that should go to 40lbs. In addition, in the one photo he is wearing one of the large snap-in inserts ( that BB recommends for overnight) and in the other he is wearing just the heavy wetter insert. More inserts = more fit issues with my baby.
The front of this shell keeps folding down for us. As an experienced cloth diaper Mom, I tried all of the tricks to try and get this to fit better. I tried different inserts, using the inside snaps, not using the inside snaps, I even nearly lifted my baby from the floor trying to pull and adjust this diaper. The fit is just off and the front keeps folding down, no matter what I try. What else can I say.
I’m really disappointed with this. I had high hopes! I sent an e-mail to the company about a review sample and did not hear back, I purchased this one from one of my favorite cloth diaper shops to complete this Best Bottom Heavy Wetter Review.
I received it with two Diaper Rite 3.1 AIO cloth diapers…and to be completely honest, the 3.1 at half the price has a better fit and is more absorbent then this $30 AIO. I plan on getting more of those.
I do plan on seeing about returning this diaper and getting two more 3.1s and will 100% update this article or add additional info if the design of the Best Bottom Heavy Wetter is changed. I have not seen any other reviews, if you have a fantastic fit I’m happy to include your info here for readers.
Where to shop for cloth diapers? Reputable Affiliates below: