I’m 34 weeks expecting and we’re excited for the arrival of baby boy 4!! So excited that I can’t wait to share the new Lillebaby Essentials 4-in-1 carrier with you and it’s fit on this pregnant Mama. What 4 carries you ask? Carries include Front/Infant with insert, Front carry, Hip carry and Back carry. While this does not offer a forward facing option (like the Complete series), it’s an amazing carrier and addition to Lillebaby. The price is unbelievable and as you can see with my 35 lb 3+ feet tall 21 m/o baby, the fit is great too! It has lots of features, including a hood, padded shoulder straps and lots of adjustments. Here, take a look at our review sample and find the carrier through my affiliate links, you need to see this Lillebaby!
At just under $90 Lillebaby has done a great job and worked some serious magic with the Essentials Carrier. What an amazing price right? I bought my first SSC for $140 and it’s not as nice. In addition, in January 2016 they will be launching an infant insert to go along with this carrier turning it into a 7-35lb size, 15-45lbs without the insert. Made of canvas, this carrier has both a curved top portion for head support -and- a mesh hood to use as needed. Features include:
- 15-45lbs (7-35 with infant insert coming January 2016)
- Mesh sleep hood (tucks into front pocket)
- Generous front pocket
- Zippered pouch (on pocket)
- Padded arm straps that extend under my arms
- 4 Carrying positions
- Infant (with insert), Front, Hip and Back.
- 100% cotton
- Perfect Fit Adjusters (allows length of the shoulder strap -and- position of the front panel to be adjusted)
- One-hand release buckles
- Easy adjustment for nursing
- Padded panel for comfort under baby’s knees (see grey strip below)
- Chest/Back clip that slides up and down!!
- Elastic bands to secure extra length on adjustments
- Great price
- Dual adjustment straps, allow for parallel or cross buckling
- Sleep Hood with Elastic Bands instead of Snaps like the Complete
- Read my LILLEbaby Essentials Hood Hack
The Lillebaby Essentials Carrier has a curved top panel for head support. Some parents may want to iron this portion or take care to not bend. After my baby was leaning backwards, sideways and twisting around I did notice that it wrinkled a bit. However, I’m happy with how far it extends up to his armpits. In addition, I have enough room left in the straps that my husband (who loves his Lillebaby toddler carrier) will be able to wear this too. The length on the padded straps is great too. I have worn other SSC carriers that aren’t padded as far and I wind up with the nylon strap digging in my armpit…which is very uncomfortable.
Overall the design was really well thought out and the carrier is easy to adjust. Unlike some of our other SSC carriers, the clip that would otherwise end up on my throat with a back carry slides up and down!! That’s so exciting because it means that this will adjust to fit many torso sizes. I also really like the single-handed release buckles. When letting my sons down from a carry I like to keep one hand on their bottom, and the other is used to unbuckle the carrier. With some clips this is impossible because you need two hands to release the straps. Downsides? It’s not as soft and flexible as Lillebaby’s airflow fabric, but the canvas offers less bounce and more stability and options for prints…and I find it comfortable and softening with wear.